This year was a great year for FGADC! The following will be the results for the competition overall. Keep an eye out the next few weeks as we highlight each of the winner’s games and talk about what we loved so much about them!
2017 Women Designed Video Games Winners:
- Busy Bees by First Impressions Media (Sadiqah Al-Masyabi)
- Land of Golden Dreams by Fruits Baskets (Abigayle Lee, Morgan Gardner)
2017 Middle School Edutainment Game Winners:
- Mental Math Magician by Roasted Plasma Studios (Ryan Mahoney, Zachary Jennison)
- Golden Rush by Synergy (Len Eindar, Jeremy Brandt)
- Pony Express: Riders by Team Eggs and Ham (Sean Oreta, Baldwin Lu)
2017 Health Game Winners:
- Make Jim Slim by Team Tortillini (Vincent Hamilton, Aiden Holden)
- Know Your Health by Team Optiplex (Brian Ninh, Tyler Djou)
- Smoke Detectors by The Arabs (Evad Abusser, Ammar Shihabi)
2017 Best Trailer Video: Make Jim Slim by Team Tortillini (Vincent Hamilton, Aiden Holden)
2017 Best Passion and Purpose Video: Busy Bees by First Impressions Media (Sadiqah Al-Masyabi)
Once school starts back, we will be mailing certificates to the teachers of the winners. Every student in the top 10 will also receive a certificate. These certificates are also going to be posted under the “Hall of Champions” on the FGADC website. Some students may receive a “participation” certificate. This means they either did not place, or they did not meet all the requirements to compete, and were thus disqualified.
We hope for another great competition next year!