- Competition – Text Adventure
- Levels – Middle School, High School
- Team Size – 1 – 3
- Submission Type – Upload to FutureAppGame.com site
- Prerequisites to Submit – Student currently enrolled in iVGD, iWD or iMA course / Instructor Approval
Got Questions? We have answers – just ask.
Edutainment – Student Video Game Design Competition
Your challenge is to create an edutainment game for a younger grade or a game to affect a positive change in your peers. Your game must help to teach subject matter that is specific to the grade selected. The game should engage students in STEM, Language, History, Health or Social Science. Or you may choose to deal with a Social Issue that you want to call attention to or to help drive a positive change.
Your edutainment game must be appropriate to the target audience. The game must have a storyline, and the play should support the theme of the game. The game must have the player progress to the second level of play. A description of 2 additional levels of game play should be included in the submission documentation for your game.
We await your entry eagerly.
We believe there is power in the creativity and skills of students. In this challenge, we are giving you a voice to speak out, teach, share and help others through your unique perspective, talents, and passion for game design. This game competition is your turn to shape learning for the better and to improve, through dynamic educational gaming, the lives of others.
Are you up for it? Do you have what it takes to impact the world? If so, create the best game you can and show us, and the world, what you can do.
What are your next steps?
- Talk to your teacher
- Review the Submission and Rules
- Check out the Trophy Case to see past winners
- Connect with our Twitter and Facebook (competitor hints)
- Check out the Blog for updates, judge notes and competitor interviews
- Come up with your winning concept and build your game (Oh and don’t forget to submit it!)